Call for Abstracts - Leeds CTS Postgraduate Translation & Interpreting Conference
The abstract submission deadline for Power, Ideology and Beyond: New Perspectives in Translation and Interpreting Studies is 26 March 2017
2017 Leeds CTS Postgraduate Translation and Interpreting Conference
Power, Ideology and Beyond:
New Perspectives in Translation and Interpreting Studies
Date: Thursday 22 June 2017
Time: 09:00 - 18:00
Venue: The University of Leeds
The organising committee cordially invites postgraduate students and early career researchers to submit abstracts for twenty-minute oral presentations. In addition to the parallel sessions, the conference will also include talks by keynote speakers and a roundtable discussion. The working language of the Conference is English.
This one-day conference is an excellent opportunity for postgraduate students and early career researchers with an interest in translation and interpreting studies to present and discuss their research in an intellectually stimulating environment at the University of Leeds.
The organising committee welcomes abstracts on a range of sub-themes related to current trends in translation and interpreting studies, including:
• Gender, culture and ideology in translation
• Political discourse, power and media translation
• Literary translation from/into English
• Specialised translation from/into English
• Interpreting in conflict zones
• Translation technology: current and future trends
• Translator and interpreter training
• You need to provide an abstract of 200-250 words (including keywords).
• Your abstract must be in English and clearly define your objectives, status, methodology, findings and significance of the study.
• A short bio should also be enclosed.
• Your abstract must be sent to the organising committee: firstname.lastname@example.org. Decisions of acceptance will be announced to authors through email.
• Abstract submission deadline: 26 March 2017
• Notification of acceptance: 30 April 2017
• Registration opens: 1 May 2017
• Registration deadline: 1 June 2017