LCS Employability event
- Date: Tuesday 19 February 2019, 16:15 – 17:45
- Location: Michael Sadler SR (LG.19)
- Cost: Free - including free tea, coffee and cake!
The final event in the ‘LCS and your future ambitions’ series.
This employability event will be incredibly useful for anyone who isn’t sure what they can achieve with their languages or linguistics / English degree. It will also be perfect for anyone interested in government, retail, marketing, fashion, higher education, and researching. We will hear from inspiring alumni who have worked for companies and organisations such as M&S, Whistles, the Home Office, the British Embassy in Paris, NHS Digital, and the Russell Group.
The panellists at this event are:
- Jaime Hopkins (French & Italian) - Head of Buying at Marks & Spencer (previously Whistles, Warehouse)
- Joanna Burton (French) - Senior Policy Analyst at the Russell Group (previously Education Policy Officer at British Embassy, Paris)
- Sam Platt (French & Russian) - Head of International Illicit Finance Team, Serious and Organised Crime Policy Group at the Home Office
- Will Turner (Linguistics & Phonetics) - User Researcher at NHS Digital
- Alex Frascina (English & Italian) - Head of Digital Marketing Strategy at the Ewe Agency
Free tea, coffee and cake will be provided, and there will be time for networking with our alumni at the end of the event.
Please note: Photos will be taken at this event for promotional purposes. If you do not wish for your photo to be included in any marketing, please email email@example.com as soon as possible and alert a member of staff on the day.