Philosophy and Theory of Artificial Intelligence
- Date: Saturday 4 November 2017, 9:00 – 19:00
- Location: Weetwood Hall
- Interval: Every day
- Until: Sunday 5 November 2017
- Cost: Variable
3rd Conference on 'Philosophy and Theory of Artificial Intelligence' will be held in Leeds this year, with IDEA Centre's Vincent Muller.
4th-5th November, 2017
Artificial intelligence is set to change the world - as well as the way we see ourselves and the world. The conference will deal with fundamental issues of present and future artificial intelligence: Basic Concepts, Ethics, Approaches & Methods, and Challenges.
There are 35 selected papers and 20 posters from around the world. The invited speakers are:
- José Hernández-Orallo (University of Valencia/LCFI Cambridge)
- David C. Hogg (University of Leeds)
- Peter Millican (University of Oxford)
- Susan Schneider (University of Connecticut/Princeton IAS)
- Mark Sprevak (University of Edinburgh)
- Yi Zeng (Chinese Academy of Science, Beijing)
There is also an opportunity to hear Thomas Metzinger (University of Mainz) speak on Friday 3rd November at the IDEA Centre, University of Leeds.
For more information, please contact Vincent Muller.