Caitlin E. Stobie
- Email: email@example.com
- Thesis title: Representing Abortion: Embodiment and Agency in Recent Southern African Fiction
I am a poet and co-editor of EPIZOOTICS!, an online journal for ecopoetry and posthuman aesthetics. My writing has appeared in Stand, Poetry & Audience, Berfrois, Flash, The Stockholm Review of Literature, Zoomorphic, and many others.
I have worked as a research intern on the AHRC-funded network The Risks of Childbirth in Historical Perspective, as co-curator of an exhibition titled Bearing Different Risks at the Thackray Medical Museum, and as co-founder of the Leeds Animal Studies Network.
- Teaching assistant, Contemporary Literature (2018-19)
- Assistant lecturer, Environment, Crisis and Creativity: Contemporary Nature Writing (2017-18)
Conferences: I have presented papers at seminar series, conferences and workshops including:
- Animal Remains at the University of Sheffield (2019);
- Virginia Woolf, Europe, and Peace (28th Annual International Conference on Virginia Woolf) at the University of Kent (2018);
- Abortion & Reproductive Justice: The Unfinished Revolution III at Rhodes University (2018);
- the inaugural Northern Network for Medical Humanities Research (NNMHR) Congress at Durham University (2017);
- Empathies (11th SLSAeu Conference) at the University of Basel (2017);
- Figuring Animals - Images and Imaginaries in Anglophone Literary and Media Texts at Mid-Sweden University (2016);
- and Literature's Animals at the University of Bristol (2016).
Resarch interests: Posthumanism, new materialism; critical animal studies; literature and biology; postcolonial ecocriticism.
- Society for Literature, Science and the Arts (SLSA)
- The British Society for Literature and Science (BSLS)
- The Association for the Study of Literature and Environment, UK and Ireland (ASLE-UKI)
- MA Critical Theory
- BA (Hons) English Literature
Research groups and institutes
- Institute for Colonial and Postcolonial Studies
- Medical Humanities Research Group
- Environmental Humanities Research Group