Dr Muhammad Tausif
- Position: Lecturer Fibre/Yarn Spinning Technology
- Areas of expertise: Yarn manufacturing; fibre spinning; structure-property modelling of fibrous assemblies (incl. nonwovens); sustainable and eco-friendly textile structures; textile reinforced composites
- Email: M.Tausif@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 3799
- Location: 1.13 Clothworkers South Building
- Website: LinkedIn | Googlescholar | ORCID
I am a Lecturer in Fibre & Yarn Spinning Technology and Programme Leader for MSc Textiles.
I completed my PhD at School of Design, the University of Leeds UK in the characterisation of complex fibrous assemblies. Prior to that, I completed BSc Textile Engineering (with specialisation in Yarn Manufacturing) from National Textile University, Pakistan. Before joining the University of Leeds, I served as a faculty member at one of Pakistans premier engineering university. My main areas of research interests are various aspects of textile science and technology including fibre spinning, yarn manufacturing, structure-property modelling of fibrous assemblies, development of sustainable and eco-friendly textile structures and textile reinforced composites.
- Deputy Director of Student Education
- Programme Manager - MSc Textiles
His main areas of research interests are various aspects of textile science and technology including fibre spinning, yarn manufacturing, structure-property modelling of fibrous assemblies (including nonwovens), development of sustainable and eco-friendly textile structures and textile reinforced composites.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://ahc.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD Textile Technology
- BSc Textile Engineering
- The Textile Institute, CText FTI
- Pakistan Engineering Council, Registered Engineer