Alma V. Palacios-Marín
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thesis title: Systematic understanding of the role of textile structures in microplastic pollution
- Supervisor: Dr Muhammad Tausif, Professor Chris Carr
I am a third-year postgraduate researcher investigating the impact if textile materials and structure in the release of microplastic and fragmented fibre pollution from textile washing.
I obtained my MSc Textiles degree with distinction at the University of Leeds.
Before that, I completed a MA in Fashion Design from ELISAVA, School of Design and Engineering in Barcelona, Spain, and a BA in Fashion and Textile Design from the Autonomous University of Aguascalientes in Mexico.
My key research focus is understanding the impact of textile materials and structures on the release of fibre fragments (including microplastics) during laundry.
- Microplastic and fragmented fibre pollution from textiles.
- Textile and fashion sustainability.
- Fibre damage.
- Water pollution.
- MSc Textiles
- MA Fashion Design
- BA Fashion and Textile Design