Call for contributions: Impactful Pedagogical Research in the Arts
Pedagogic Research in the Arts (PRiA), Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Cultures are delighted to announce the second annual hybrid slow conference for 2023.
We welcome contributions in person or online, from individuals and groups of practitioners, and especially welcome contributions that include students and/or participants from outside the University of Leeds.
The conference will take place Monday 24 April to Friday 28 April 2023. Practitioner Panels will be held on Monday the 24 April and Thursday the 27 April.
The theme for this year’s conference is: Impactful Pedagogical Research in the Arts.
- How can pedagogical research in the arts be ‘impactful’, in the sense of bringing about meaningful change?
- What kind of change can pedagogical research achieve, and why might ‘the arts’ be an important site to investigate this?
- How might impactful pedagogical research achieve change beyond the classroom, virtual learning environment, or organisational unit?
- To what extent might ‘impact’, a word often used in the context of the Research Excellence Framework, be generative or, alternatively, unhelpful in the context of pedagogical research?
- How can collaboration generate impactful pedagogical research in the arts?
This year's conference will build on PRiA's 'Curriculum Redefined Conversations' series and the PRiA and Organisational Development and Professional Learning (ODPL) 'Engaging Curriculum Redefined Working Conversations', and on the pedagogical research undertaken by colleagues in the Faculty of Arts, Humanities, and Cultures, University of Leeds.
PRiA is inviting contributions for an open panel or panels on the theme of ‘Impactful Pedagogic Research’ for the second annual hybrid slow conference for 2023. Contributors might respond to the reflective prompts provided above or develop their own approaches to the conference theme.
Please send proposals for contributions of up to ten minutes, or panels of up to 30 minutes, to PRIACentre@leeds.ac.uk by the 31 March 2023. Proposals should consist of a title, the names of presenters, an expression of preferred date, and an abstract of 50 to 100 words.
You can read about the success of last year’s inaugural online slow conference, ‘Pedagogical Innovation in the Arts after the Digital Pivot’ in our digital newsletter for Autumn 2022 and via the Pedagogic Research in the Arts Stream Channel.