Dr Muhammad Tausif
- Position: Deputy Head of School: Academic and Enterpris, Associate Professor in Sustainable Textile Manufacturing
- Areas of expertise: Microplastic textile pollution; Yarn manufacturing; fibre spinning; structure-property modelling of fibrous assemblies (incl. nonwovens); sustainable textile manufacturing; textile composites
- Email: M.Tausif@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 3799
- Location: 1.33 Clothworkers' Link Building
- Website: | Twitter | LinkedIn | Googlescholar | ORCID
I am an Associate Professor in Sustainable Textile Manufacturing and Deputy Head of School of Design (Academic and Enterprise).
I completed my PhD at the School of Design, the University of Leeds UK in the characterisation of complex fibrous assemblies. Prior to that, I completed BSc Textile Engineering (with specialisation in Yarn Manufacturing) from National Textile University, Pakistan. Before joining the University of Leeds, I served as a faculty member at one of Pakistan's premier engineering university. My key research interests are various aspects of textile science and technology including fibre spinning, yarn manufacturing, structure-property modelling of fibrous assemblies, development of sustainable and eco-friendly textile structures, textile-reinforced composites, and microplastic pollution from textiles and its mitigation.
- Deputy Head of School: Academic and Enterprise
My key research interests are various aspects of textile science and technology including fibre spinning, yarn manufacturing, structure-property modelling of fibrous assemblies (including nonwovens), development of sustainable and eco-friendly textile manufacturing technologies, textile reinforced composites, and microplastic pollution from textiles and their mitigation. The research portfolio includes research councils and industry-funded research. The most recently awarded research project is EPSRC funded (EP/T024542/1) ‘STOP fibrous microplastic pollution from textiles by elucidating fibre damage and manufacturing novel textiles’.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://ahc.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- STOP fibrous microplastic pollution from textiles by elucidating fibre damage and manufacturing novel textiles
- PhD Textile Technology
- BSc Textile Engineering
- PG Certificate in Academic Practice
- The Textile Institute, CText FTI
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, FHEA
- Pakistan Engineering Council, Registered Engineer
I lead and contribute to a range of modules at the postgraduate and undergraduate levels.