I joined the University of Leeds in October 2020 as a PhD student, funded by an AHRC White Rose College of the Arts and Humanities (WRoCAH) scholarship. Prior to this, I completed my BA and MA degrees at the University of Exeter.
My current research focuses on purity culture in contemporary Christianity, especially in relation to trauma and spiritual abuse. I am particularly interested in the intersections of culture, tradition, and the reception of the Bible in Christian discourse on purity and gender roles.
- Contemporary Christian thought and practice
- Influence of the Bible in culture and society
- Gender, sexuality, and gender-based violence
- Disability theology
- Trauma and mental health
- Poverty, class, and political theology
- MA Theology and Religion (University of Exeter)
- BA Theology with Ancient History (University of Exeter)
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Religion and Public Life