There are a number of scholarship and funding opportunities that you may be eligible to apply for. Our Postgraduate research opportunities directory lists all our opportunties and information on how to apply.
Applicants must have recieved an offer of a place before applying for these scholarships. If you are thinking about applying for any of these awards we recommend you contact our Postgraduate Research Tutor, Dr Maria Kapsali (firstname.lastname@example.org) for guidance.
School of Performance and Cultural Industries Research Scholarship
- 3 awards available.
- Research postgraduate courses only.
- Three awards worth UK/EU tuition fees, including maintenance grant.
- Open to UK, EU and international students.
- Application deadline 1 June 2019.
How do I apply for a School Scholarship?
Please send a 500-600 word personal statement to Linda Watson (email@example.com). In this statement please ensure that you address:
- how your previous experience, qualifications and interests would equip you to undertake the proposed research;
- how you would formulate the project within the scope of the specialist supervision available in the School and its relevant areas of research expertise.
We will assess your potential through your application form, accompanying statement, CV and interview.
Leeds Doctoral Scholarships
The University is accepting applications for University Doctoral Scholarships. There are a number of fully funded places for 2019 entry.The awards will cover fees plus a maintenance grant and are open to UK/EU and international applicants.
Deadline: 1 April 2019
AHC Faculty Interdisciplinary Research Scholarships
These scholarships will be awarded to postgraduate research proposals that clearly cross two Schools within the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Cultures. The awards will cover the cost of academic fees, plus a maintenance grant. The level of funding for part-time awards will be pro-rata.
The White Rose College of the Arts & Humanities Competition Studentships
The White Rose College of the Arts & Humanities (WRoCAH) is a Doctoral Training Partnership of the Universities of Leeds, Sheffield and York. It is responsible for the distribution of AHRC-funded doctoral studentships for these universities and for the coordination of a doctoral training programme.
If you are a former student of the University of Leeds you may be eligible for a 10% alumni tuition fee bursary.
Other scholarship opportunities:
- British Council (International students only) (opens in a new window)
- The Leverhulme Trust (opens in a new window)
- Economic and Social Research Council (opens in a new window)
- National Endowment for Science, Technology and the Arts (opens in a new window)
- International Foundation for Music Research (opens in a new window)
- Funds for Women Graduates (opens in a new window)
You can find out more about all our scholarships and bursaries through our dedicated scholarships database.