There are a number of scholarship and funding opportunities that you may be eligible to apply for. Our Postgraduate research opportunities directory lists all our opportunties and information on how to apply.
Applicants must have recieved an offer of a place before applying for these scholarships. If you are thinking about applying for any of these awards we recommend you contact our Postgraduate Research Tutor, Dr Maria Kapsali (email@example.com) for guidance.
School of Performance and Cultural Industries Research Scholarship
- 3 awards available.
- Research postgraduate courses only.
- Three awards worth UK/EU tuition fees, including maintenance grant.
- Open to UK, EU and international students.
- Application deadline Monday 1 June 2020.
How do I apply for a School Scholarship?
Please send a 500-600 word personal statement to Linda Watson (firstname.lastname@example.org). In this statement please ensure that you address:
- how your previous experience, qualifications and interests would equip you to undertake the proposed research;
- how you would formulate the project within the scope of the specialist supervision available in the School and its relevant areas of research expertise.
We will assess your potential through your application form, accompanying statement, CV and interview.
Leeds Doctoral Scholarship
The Leeds Doctoral Scholarship offers a number of funded scholarships across many discipline and is awarded in recognition of excellence.
AHC Doctoral Scholarships
The Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Cultures has a number of scholarships available to support postgraduate researchers starting a PhD. As well as proposals in our own research areas, applications are welcome for funding of interdisciplinary research proposals across multiple schools within the faculty.
Applications for this scholarship have closed.
The White Rose College of the Arts and Humanities scholarships
The White Rose College of the Arts and Humanities (WRoCAH) is a Doctoral Training Partnership of the Universities of Leeds, Sheffield and York. It is responsible for the distribution of AHRC-funded doctoral studentships for these universities and for the coordination of a doctoral training programme.
- WRoCAH scholarships cover fees and a maintenance grant for UK/EU students.
- Two types of studentships are available: Open Competition and Collaborative Doctoral Award (CDA).
- The awards must be taken up by 1 October 2020.
- Deadline: Applications for this scholarship have closed
- Full details on how to apply can be found on the WRoCAH website.
If you are a former student of the University of Leeds you may be eligible for a 10% alumni tuition fee bursary.
Other scholarship opportunities:
- British Council (International students only) (opens in a new window)
- The Leverhulme Trust (opens in a new window)
- Economic and Social Research Council (opens in a new window)
- National Endowment for Science, Technology and the Arts (opens in a new window)
- International Foundation for Music Research (opens in a new window)
- Funds for Women Graduates (opens in a new window)
You can find out more about all our scholarships and bursaries through our dedicated scholarships database.