I am a marketing and events professional as well as a professional soprano. I graduated, after studying with the Head of School Excellence Scholarship, with a distinction and two commendations for outstanding achievement in music performance. My postgraduate studies were completed at the University of Leeds after graduating in Music from King’s College London.
I was also a co-founder of Be Extra – Wellbeing for the Arts, a community interest company aiming to bring mental health resources to those working in the arts industry in the UK.
My operatic performances include:
- Flora (Dove’s The Enchanted Pig)
- Semele (Handel’s Semele)
- Rosalinde (Strauss’ Die Fledermaus)
- Mrs Grose (Britten’s Turn of the Screw)
- Melia (Mozart’s Apollo et Hyacinthus)
- Cunegonde/Paquette (Bernstein’s Candide)
- Dido (Purcell’s Dido and Aeneas)
I also play piano and clarinet in a number of Leeds ensembles.
- Marketing and publicity UoL International Concert Series
- Event management for UoL International Concert Series
My main interests lie within concert programming, performance (particularly verismo opera), and gender studies. Previous theses include ‘‘In Praise of Women’: the fates and treatment of women in Sondheim’s musicals’ and ‘‘Il dolce suono’: the semiotics of diegetic opera in film’.
- MMus Performance | University of Leeds (2020)
- BMus Music | King's College London (2018)