Professor Emeritus Clive Brown joins pianist Kirill Gerstein for an online seminar
- Date: Wednesday 20 October 2021, 18:00 – 20:00
- Location: Off-campus
- Cost: Free
Professor Emeritus Clive Brown joins the pianist Kirill Gerstein in an online seminar to discuss “The deceptive simplicity of musical notation”.
Professor Brown has written prolifically on a wide range of subjects including Classical and Romantic performance practice, issues of scholarly editing and 18th and 19th century German music.
In this online seminar, Professor Brown will discuss:
- How the relationship between notation and performance has changed over time.
- How our present understanding of that relationship came about.
- What we can learn from historical evidence about that relationship in the past.
- How this understanding might affect our responses in the future.
This event, hosted by Kronberg Academy is free to join, will be delivered in English and begins at 18:00 CET.
Book your place and find out more on the Kronberg Academy website.