Piano Day 2019: Prelude
- Date: Thursday 28 March 2019, 18:30 – 20:30
- Location: Music
- Cost: Free
Ahead of this year's Piano Day, we question what makes the piano so special to us?
Join us in the School of Music for a relaxed evening of conversation, live music and special guests.
From Listz to La La Land our fascination with the instrument has endured over centuries. We will explore this question through an evening of live performance and discussion; celebrating the piano and the individuals behind it.
We welcome special guests:
- Simeon Walker: international touring pianist and composer; founder and host of the Brudenell Piano Sessions
- Chris Madden: Chair of Leeds MAP's Board of Trustees; member of Help Musicians UK Health and Welfare Advisory Board; and Integrative Counselling Psychotherapist
- Kate Cameron: PhD researcher in music psychology
- Richard Petch: composition lecturer at Leeds College of Music and regular performer
- Gwenno Morgan: University of Leeds BMus Performance student
- Rowan Lewis: local young creative and self-taught classical pianist
The bar opens at 6:30pm. The event will start at 7pm and end around 8:15pm.
Please note that the event may be recorded and/or livestreamed via Facebook.