- Position: Lecturer in EAP
- Areas of expertise: English for academic purposes; Language teaching; Academic language and literacies; Course design; Materials development
- Email: J.Bodin-Galvez@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 8116
- Location: Parkinson Building
Since joining the University of Leeds in 2014, as an EAP Lecturer in the Language Centre, I have taught on a number of pre-sessional courses, both post-graduate and under-graduate, on the general English programme, and on the joint school SWJT programme in China. I have also had leadership responsibilities, including leading a post-graduate pre-sessional EGAP course, preparing the students for starting their Masters or PhD, and being one of four Summer Directors, managing and coordinating our summer pre-sessional programme. From 2017-2019, I was also the co-manager of The Language Scholar, a journal that focuses on the scholarship of learning and teaching languages
Currently. I am responsible for the in-sessional programme for the School of Food Science and Nutrition and am the co-lead for one of four Business summer pre-sessional modules, Language for Business Management and Enterprise. I am also a University of Leeds work place mediator.
I gained my Master's in Linguistics and English Language Teaching from the University of Leeds in 2012, followed by successfully completing the Cambridge DELTA in 2016. Prior to joining the University of Leeds, I worked in EFL in private language schools in Spain and Poland, and in ESOL in the UK.
- EAP Practitioner
- Module lead for in-sessional Food Science and Nutrition
- Co-module lead for Language for Business Management and Enterprise
My current research interests are linked to the differing perspectives of the aim and purpose of insessional provision, for all stakeholders involved.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://ahc.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- MA Linguistics and English Language Teaching (University of Leeds)
- PG Cert English Language Teaching and Professional Practice (Leeds Beckett University)
- Cambridge DELTA
- Cambridge CELTA
- BA History (University of Leicester)
I am currently responsible for the in-sessional programme for the School of Food Science and Nutrition, and co-lead the presessional module, Language for Business Management and Enterprise.
Research groups and institutes
- Language Centre