- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thesis title: Merchants of Empire: Barings Bank, and the Slave Trade
- Supervisors: Dr Pete Maw, Manuel Barcia
I graduated from the University of Roehampton with a degree in History. My dissertation at undergraduate level focused on the role of the abolitionist Granville Sharpe within the movement. I then completed a postgraduate degree at the University of Leeds in Modern History, my postgraduate dissertation analysed the coverage of the Indian Mutiny of 1857 in Punch magazine.
I returned to academia after a short sojourn into professional life in 2022 with the commencement of my current doctoral research. My PhD project, funded by Barings Archive and ING, explores the Bank’s historical links to the slave trade.
I am specifically interested in the British political establishment throughout the long nineteenth century and its intersection with slavery, abolition and colonialism.
- BA Hons, University of Roehampton
- MA Hons, University of Leeds