- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Supervisor: Dr Adam Cathcart and Dr Laura Considine
- Ph.D. University of Leeds, School of History (Current)
- M.A. University of Kent, School of Politics and International Relations. Political Strategy and Communication with International Conflict and Security (2017)
- B.Sc. Columbia International University, Communication (2014)
I worked as a Researcher at a European think tank in Brussels, European Institute for Asian Studies, covering diverse topics on Asia. The main research focus was on security including East Asian traditional security and West Asian human security.
- "Legal Aspects of Contemporary South Asian Issues" [co-author] published by European Institute for Asian Studies (2016)
- “Labour Market Access for Asylum Seekers: The Asian Experience ” [co-author] published by European Institute for Asian Studies (2016),
- Other confidential publications written for the institute by the request of embassies and companies.
- Guest lectured for the Law and Politics class at SungIl Godeunghakgyo (2017 Dec)
- Panel for the FEBC radio channel (2017 Oct, Nov)
- Native Korean
- Advanced Mandarin Chinese with ten years of living experience in China
- English, certified in TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language)
Having my background in Politics and International Relations, my current research is on the History of International Relations in East Asia under the joint supervision of the School of History and School of Politics and International Studies (POLIS).
Key words for my research are: US-China relations, Security, East Asia, Korean Peninsula
- History of international relations
- National security
- Political communication
- Legal aspects of international problems: In order to understand international relations, I have done extensive studies on legal aspects of conflict which includes law of armed conflict and diplomatic law.
- Human security: With a background of human rights law and activities, my research interest lies on human security in Northeast Asia and the freedom of speech and freedom of religion.
- Digital politics: My previous education in communication studies leads me to my research interest in digital politics in terms of mobilization, both bottom-up and top-down.