Dr Nick Cass
- Position: Lecturer in Heritage and Contemporary Art
- Areas of expertise: heritage and contemporary art
- Email: N.Cass@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 7633
- Location: 3.02 Fine Art, University Road
I am an artist and lecturer. I have extensive exhibiting and teaching experience in a wide range of contexts. I have worked for Leeds Museums and Galleries and the Royal Armouries as an Education Officer; I have also worked freelance for a variety of museums in the north of England including Tate Gallery Liverpool, Manchester Art Gallery, Manchester Museum of Science and Industry and Hull Museums. Prior to teaching at Leeds University, I was a Lecturer in Visual Communication at Leeds Arts University.
My art practice inhabits a perceptual space between sculpture and collage, and draws influence from both traditional printmaking techniques and contemporary technologies.
- Director, Centre for Critical Studies in Museums, Galleries and Heritage
- Undergraduate Admissions Tutor
My primary interest lies at the conjunction of museums, heritage and contemporary art practice; this stems from my interdisciplinary background as an artist and museum education officer.
Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all research projects allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.
- PhD Museum Studies
- MA Contemporary Art Practice
- PGCE Junior Education
- BA Fine Art
I teach within both the Fine Art and Museum Studies area of the school.
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Critical Studies in Museums, Galleries and Heritage
Postgraduate research opportunities
We welcome enquiries from motivated and qualified applicants from all around the world who are interested in PhD study. Our <a href="//ahc.leeds.ac.uk/research-opportunities">research opportunities</a> allow you to search for projects and scholarships.