Dr Nick Cass
- Position: Lecturer in Heritage and Contemporary Art
- Areas of expertise: heritage and contemporary art
- Email: N.Cass@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 7633
- Location: 3.02 Fine Art, University Road
I am an artist and lecturer. I have extensive exhibiting and teaching experience in a wide range of contexts. I have worked for Leeds Museums and Galleries and the Royal Armouries as an Education Officer; I have also worked freelance for a variety of museums in the north of England including Tate Gallery Liverpool, Manchester Art Gallery, Manchester Museum of Science and Industry and Hull Museums. Prior to teaching at Leeds University, I was a Lecturer in Visual Communication at Leeds Arts University.
My art practice inhabits a perceptual space between sculpture and collage, and draws influence from both traditional printmaking techniques and contemporary technologies.
- Director, Centre for Critical Studies in Museums, Galleries and Heritage
- Undergraduate Admissions Tutor
My primary interest lies at the conjunction of museums, heritage and contemporary art practice; this stems from my interdisciplinary background as an artist and museum education officer.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://ahc.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD Museum Studies
- MA Contemporary Art Practice
- PGCE Junior Education
- BA Fine Art
I teach within both the Fine Art and Museum Studies area of the school.
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Critical Studies in Museums, Galleries and Heritage