- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thesis title: The gesture within matter: drawing through material.
- Supervisors: Professor Catherine E. Karkov, Dr Jo McGonigal
My practice-led research project aims to investigate the effect of New Materialist theories on the concept of drawing and artists who draw. Removing a binary distinction between the human and nonhuman opens up the idea that the gesture of drawing can derive both from human activity and from the material itself. Through artistic production, interpretation and exhibition I will examine the form that drawing can take when we recognise the ability of matter to perform the actions and qualities of drawing. With a focus on the agency and processes of materials I will explore the shifting physicality of drawing as an art practice.
- MA Fine Art, University of Leeds
- BA Fine Art, Chelsea College of Art & Design