We are working on a wide range of projects, drawing on our disciplinary expertise to address shared challenges.
Student Equality & Inclusion Project Award
Passionate about Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI)? We want to support you!
The Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Cultures is launching a new fund to support student projects that seek to make our community more inclusive.
The EDI Project Award will provide up to £250 to four individuals or groups with a project designed to enhance diversity, equality or inclusion. The scheme is open to all students - Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Postgraduate Research.
Funds can be used for any project that enhances Equality, Diversity and Inclusion. This could be:
- holding an event or workshop – a training event, guest speaker, performance or discussion
- producing a resource (might be information, but equally might be an artistic work)
- doing a small research project
- set up a network
- or anything else you feel would be of value.
What is important is that you have:
- a clear sense of the aims of your project
- an understanding of the intended audience - who is it for and how do you know it is needed?
- thought about the practicalities - is it achievable?
- sought to maximise the impact of your project
We will also support your project with a staff mentor and show off all you have achieved at our first Faculty Equality and Inclusion Showcase in Spring 2022.
To apply, please complete the application form by Monday 8 November, 9am.
We will be running an online information session on Microsoft Teams on Thursday 28 October, 10–10.30am.
For further information, please contact Kate Nash.