Dr Eunsuk Hur
- Position: Teaching Fellow
- Areas of expertise: Sustainable Fashion and Textiles; Social Marketing; Co-Creation; Collaborative Consumption; Product and Service Design Strategy; Branding; Fashion In Creative Directions; Design for Innovation
- Email: E.S.Hur@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 3698
My main research interests include sustainability, social marketing, co-creation, cultural studies, marketing innovation and social enterprise in the area of fashion and textile, and creative business. Prior to my academic career, I had several years experience in various fashion and textile companies. My work has been exhibited internationally in venues including the Tokyo Design Centre, the Salone del Mobile at Salone satellite in Milan, the Gwangju Design Biennale in Korea, the Tent London during London design festival, the Apexart gallery in New York and more. I gained my Ph.D. in sustainable fashion from the School of Design, University of Leeds and Master of Textile Future degree in Central Saint Martins (CSM), at University of the Arts London (UAL).
I gained my Ph.D. in January 2014 in Sustainable fashion in the school of design at the University of Leeds. My PhD research project explores the intervention of an educational approach toward changing sustainable production and consumption for fashion and textile design through a co-design process. It aims to develop an effective enabling design system and tool to support designers and other users in considering sustainable production and consumption. My current research is concentrated on sustainability in fashion business through examination of consumer consumption and the creative industrys production processes in particularly focus on co-creation platforms using digital medias.
My research interests cover sustainable production and consumption, cultural studies, co-creation, product and service design strategy, branding, Ideation and consumer behaviors in fashion.
I would like to extend my research toward supporting sustainable development through looking at other social and cultural issues such as the aging population, inclusivity and supporting human wellbeing.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://ahc.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy (2016-Present)
- Member of Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (2016-current)
- Member of the Academy of Marketing (2017-Present)
- Committee Member of the Korean Society of Knit Design (2015-Present)
- Member of the Korean Textile Design Association (2006-Present)
- Member of the Korean Society of Crafts (2006-Present)
I teach undergraduate and postgraduate students in the subject areas of fashion marketing, product and service design strategy, branding, digital marketing, fashion in creative directions, consumer behaviors in fashion and research methods.