Dr Eunsuk Hur
- Position: Teaching Fellow
- Areas of expertise: Sustainable Fashion and Textiles; Co-creation; Collaborative Consumption; Product and Service Design Strategy; Branding; Fashion In Creative Directions
- Email: E.S.Hur@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 3793
- Website: eunsukhur | Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
I joined the School of Design at the University of Leeds as a member of staff in 2013 after my PhD study at Leeds. Prior to this, my career in the fashion industry has spanned a number of roles consulting on creative directions, branding, and fashion management. Since starting out in the industry in 1999 as a textile designer, I have worked as a fashion-related product designer and as a brand consultant to organisations from small and medium-sized enterprises to global fashion brands, involving the identification of a critical agenda by which to build short- to long-term business strategies. I also sat on a professional panel for Korea Color & Fashion Trend Center and as a guest lecturer in South Korea and the UK.
My Master’s degree project at Central Saint Martins was selected for the Central Saint Martin’s representative best Contemporary Collections 2009 and was also selected for the ‘Casamica Talent Scouting’ ‘Salone del Mobile’ 2009 during Milan Design Week. I was invited to exhibit my work in various areas such as the Tokyo Design Centre, ‘Salone del Mobile’ at Salone Satellite, ‘Gwangju Design Biennale’ in Korea, Tent London, etc.
In recent years, my research has focused on the areas of fashion consumers, sustainable fashion business innovation, fashion retail strategy, co-creation, design entrepreneurship, cultural studies, and collaborative consumption.
My current research is concentrated on sustainability in the fashion and creative industries through an examination of consumption and production processes, in particular focusing on co-creation platforms using digital media.
My research interests cover not only the above-mentioned areas but also the support of sustainable development through looking at other social and cultural issues such as the aging population, inclusivity, and human well-being.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://ahc.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy (2016-Present)
- Member of Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (2016-current)
- Member of the Academy of Marketing (2017-Present)
- Committee Member of the Korean Society of Knit Design (2015-Present)
- Member of the Korean Textile Design Association (2006-Present)
- Member of the Korean Society of Crafts (2006-Present)
I teach undergraduate and postgraduate students in the subject areas of fashion marketing, product and service design strategy, branding, digital marketing, fashion in creative directions, consumer behaviors in fashion and research methods.