I completed my training in Dental Technology near Munich, Germany in 1997. In 2001 I completed further studies in dental ceramics under Masahiro Kuwata in Tokyo, Japan. In 2005 I graduated from Master School in Freiburg, Germany as top of my year. From 2013 - 2017 I furthered my education in colour science and optical physics under the mentorship of Professor Emeritus Jaap ten Bosch (University of Groningen, NL). I am a published author in a number of peer reviewed dental journals.
My research focuses on the the optical appearance of dental hard tissues and materials as well as tooth shade management and communication in dentistry.
Below is a list of my publications:
- The effect of ultraviolet induced fluorescence on visually perceived tooth color under normal light conditions
- Objective shade matching, communication, and reproduction by combining dental photography and numeric shade quantification
- The use of a standardized gray reference card in dental photography to correct the effects of five commonly used diffusers on the color of 40 extracted human teeth
- eLABor_aid: a new approach to digital shade management
- Certified Dental Technician CDT
- Master Dental Technician MDT