Lujain Ahmed Zehairy
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thesis title: Advertising Change: An Analysis of How Saudi Advertising is Being Used to Reflect the Saudi Vision 2030 Strategy
- Supervisors: Paul Wilson, Dr Catherine Stones
Previously, I studied Graphic Design at Dar Al-Hekma University in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia which unleashed the thinker in me and enabled me to work at 3Points Advertising Agency for two years as a Graphic Designer and then a Conceptualizer. During my time there I discovered my interest in Advertising that encouraged me to apply for the MA Advertising and Design programme at the University of Leeds.
The MA programme shaped me to become a Creative Design Lecturer for three years at Jeddah College of Advertising, University of Business & Technology in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. And now, I am a PhD student in the School of Design at the University of Leeds.
I have always been fascinated with culture and its role in our life, which has been reflected in my work as a designer and now as a researcher.
My research aims to study the redefinition of gender stereotypes in Saudi advertising, in particular of females, in light of the announcement and application of Saudi Vision 2030 programme and its desire for positive impact on female empowerment.
- MA Advertising and Design, University of Leeds
- BA Graphic Design, Dar Al-Hekma University