- Position: Lecturer
- Areas of expertise: EAP; SLA; Phonetics and Phonology
- Email: R.Alimalayeri@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 1799
- Location: Level 3 Parkinson Building
I commenced teaching English as a Foreign Language in 2003. I joined the University of Leeds as a Linguistics Teaching Felllow in 2013 and EAP Lecturer in 2015, and I have been teaching on the following modules since September 2013:
- Language: Structure and Sound (Phonetics and Phonology, Morphology, and Syntax)
- Language: Meaning and Use (Language acquisition, Psycholinguistics, Pragmatics, and Sociolinguistics)
- AEPS 1, 2, & 3
- Summer pre-sessional courses
I also co-led Language for Engineering pre-sessional course in summer 2021 and am currently co-leading IFY STEM module.
My other role is the web editor of the Language Scholar website.
- Teaching and Scholarship
My research is focused around second language acquisition and academic English teaching and learning methods formed on theoretical and experimental linguistics.
I am also engaged in a collaborative multi-method arts-informed research into creativity in EAP 18-months project.
<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://ahc.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- MA in Linguistics and ELT
- BA in Translation Studies
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
Research groups and institutes
- Language Centre