Dr Qingxin Peng
- Position: Lecturer in Creative Advertising and Brand Design
- Areas of expertise: visual communication design; digital visual merchandising design; brand promotion; digital marketing; customer experience
- Email: Q.Peng@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 1.77 Clothworker's Central Building
- Website: Website | LinkedIn | ORCID
I joined the University of Leeds as a Lecturer in Creative Advertising and Brand Design in 2022.
In 2012, I obtained a bachelor’s degree in Art Design from Donghua University, and in 2013, I received a master’s degree in Fashion Merchandising from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU). In 2021, I was awarded my PhD in Fashion Communication and Promotion (with a focus on Digital Visual Merchandising Design) from PolyU.
I promote the appreciation of fashion brands and cultures through design work, research, lecture, and publication. My digital visual merchandising design research was founded on visual merchandising theory and design methodology in both online and offline environments. The study has identified the design factors (i.e., concept formation, layout design, ambient condition, interactivity level, and visual complexity level) and the following design contexts. A comprehensive theoretical framework, as well as the derived design process model, has been formulated for promoting innovative textiles and fashion in various showcases by synthesising information management, psychological impacts, and findings from digital visual merchandising implementations.
- Deputy Programme Leader MA Advertising and Design
- Exhibition Curator of School
My research focuses on using creative digital and design solutions to communicate and promote brand and culture in both commercial and non-commercial on/offline settings. On the other hand, I understand consumers/audiences in environment settings based on behaviour discipline and link it to various design contexts with the goal of discovering consumers/audiences' core values and emotions that are positive or negative to their cognition and purchase intentions.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://ahc.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD | Fashion Communication and Promotion | The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, HKSAR
- MA | Fashion Merchandising | The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, HKSAR
- BA | Art Design | Donghua University, China