Dr Bruce Carnie
- Position: Lecturer - Fashion Management: RS&I
- Email: B.W.Carnie@leeds.ac.uk
I have a PhD in Design (Design Management) from the University of New South Wales, Sydney, a Masters of Art (Textiles and Fashion) from Manchester Metropolitan University and a Graduate Diploma in Art and Design (Textiles) from Glasgow School of Art. I am a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts (FRSA) for the promotion of Design in Industry. I have a successful design and consultancy practice where I have worked across a number of disciplinary fields including, textile design, textile innovation, fashion, costume design, graphics, brand management, fashion marketing and merchandising and illustration.
I have taught in Australia, New Zealand, China, Singapore and the UK. With the following scope of research interests; design and mass customisation (textile related), design as strategy, design and sustainable technology (textile and fashion), service design, design thinking, design futures, design and identity, design and communication, retail design, fashion marketing and management and circular economy for fashion and textiles. I am interested in supervision of postgraduate research projects from students investigating these and related fields of study.
|Level 2||Research Methods|
|Level 3||Fashion Revolutions|
|MA – Global Fashion Management||
Dissertation Supervision, Fashion Marketing, Research Methods and Analysis, Global Fashion Retail Management
- Member of the PVAC Faculty Research Ethics Committee (2012–2015)
- Member of the School of Design Management Team (2012–2018)
- Undergraduate Admissions Tutor School of Design (2012–2013)
- Director of International Partnerships (2016–2018)
- PhD (Design) UNSW
- MA (Manchester Met University)
- Grad Dip Art and Design (Glasgow School of Art)