After Orpheus, After Monteverdi
- Date: Friday 21 October 2022, 17:30 – 19:00
- Location: Off-campus
- Type: Seminar series
- Cost: Free
Part of the Telling Operatic Stories: Race, ethics, and authenticity seminar series.
Professor Edward Venn of the University of Leeds’ School of Music, Opera North’s new academic in residence, will lead a workshop to discuss how opera can innovatively bring together different traditions, myths, story-telling techniques and musical traditions.
- Jasdeep Singh Degun (Opera North Artist in Residence)
- Keran Kaur Virdee (South Asian Arts-uk)
- Amy Freston (Chorus of Opera North)
- Dr Charulatha Mani (University of Tasmania)
This is a DARE seminar in partnership with the University of Leeds, and supported by the Leeds Arts and Humanities Research Institute.
To book, visit the Opera North website.