A new toolkit: work like a tech team to tackle any museum challenge
- Date: Thursday 10 May 2018, 10:00 – 16:00
- Location: Mechanical Engineering LT B (2.37)
- Cost: Free
Pat Hadley (Developer at cogapp) will help you learn and apply the Silicon Valley collaboration tools that cogapp has brought to bear on million-dollar museum tech projects.
You think you know what the problem you are facing is...but do you?
You think something digital will solve it...but will it?
The free tickets to this £260.00 event are possible because of the generosity of the Centre for Critical Studies in Museums, Galleries and Heritage (University of Leeds) and cogapp.
This is a roll-your-sleeves-up kind of workshop. Bring your enthusiasm and ideas, leave your ego at the door. Are you ready to:
- Join a small team to work on fast-paced activities addressing real life museum problems.
- Get back in touch with that spark of museum magic.
- Put the audience at the centre of your thinking.
- Create new ways to connect people to museum objects.
- Boil complex issues down to action plans.
- Learn about cutting edge digital ideas — and when not to use them.
By the end of the day you will have:
- five techniques for approaching digital projects that can directly apply back at work.
- enjoyed a speed-date style consultancy session with a digital design expert.
- made new friends with people with a similar ethos across Yorkshire (and beyond!).
This event is aimed at museum professionals and MA students. Book your free place here via Eventbrite.
Once you book we will be back in touch to find out a bit more about you, your interests, motivations and skills. This will help us allocate groups and tweak the workshop to work for everyone.
Image: museum website screenshots (various owners). Photograph CC0.