National Saturday Club
The School works with the Arts Educational Engagement team to run a weekly National Saturday Art & Design Club, as part of a national network created by the Sorrel Foundation and Saturday Club Trust.
The Club gives young people aged 13 to 16 (years 9, 10 and 11) the unique opportunity to study art & design on Saturday mornings at their local college, university or museum, free of charge.
The aim is to nurture the young people’s talent and build their confidence and self-esteem. Last year more than 1,250 young people across the UK took part in a local Saturday Club, giving them an insight into student life and an understanding of new opportunities that further and higher education can offer, as well as helping to improve their school work.
The Club offers young people the opportunity to:
- Attend 20 weeks of inspiring classes over the academic year
- Experience a range of different disciplines using our specialist facilities, including printmaking, photography, sculpture, archives, history of art, and many more
- Work with different academics, artists and staff from the across the University of Leeds
- Visit different galleries and museums
- Collaborate with arts organisations including the Arts Council Collection