Dr Qais Ahmad
- Position: Lecturer in Graphic and Communication Design
- Areas of expertise: Design for Behaviour Change; Design for Sustainable Behaviour; Communication Design; Communication Campaigns; Branding; Advertising
- Email: Q.Ahmad@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 1.77 Clothworkers Central Building
I am a lecturer in Graphic and Communication Design, contributing to the MA Design and the MA Advertising and Design.
My experience in academia as a lecturer and teaching assistant in graphic and communication design in higher education, both in Jordan and in the UK since 2016, alongside practical experience in the field being involved in branding projects in the UK, Ukraine and the Arab World, equipped me to develop critical, creative, and innovation skills.
Design for Behaviour Change | Using design for behaviour change through communication design to promote ethical behaviours and attitudes within social and environmental contexts.
Design for Sustainable Behaviour | Enabling users to perform their daily activities in ways that reduce negative environmental and social impacts through design for sustainable behaviour.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://ahc.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD | Design | Brunel University London
- MA | Art and Design: Communication Design | University of Salford
- BA | Graphic Design and Applied Arts | Yarmouk University