Dr Huayang Yu
- Position: Research Fellow
- Areas of expertise: Bacteria cellulose; fibre spinning, biodegradable/compostable film synthesis; RAFT polymerisation; polymer nanoparticles; polymer induced self-assembly, N-carboxyanhydride ring-opening polymerisation.
- Email: H.Yu2@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 3.14 Clothworkers South Building
- Website: Twitter | LinkedIn | Googlescholar | ORCID | White Rose
I graduated with a BSc in Chemistry from the University of Warwick in 2016, followed by the successful completion of an MSc in Polymers, Colourants, and Fine Chemicals at the University of Leeds in 2017. I obtained my PhD degree in Chemistry at the University of Leeds in 2020, with the research topic, Polymers for Drug Delivery, under the supervision of Dr. Paul Thornton, exploring advanced techniques such as polymer nanoparticle synthesis, controlled ring-opening polymerization, and polymer-induced self-assembly. I joined School of Design as a Research Assistant under the supervision of Prof, Ningtao Mao in 2020. Currently I am a Research Fellow in Textile Materials for Sustainable Fashion.
My research interest is focusing on fibre spinning from bacterial cellulose, study on bacteria cellulose, synthesis biodegradable/compostable films from natural resources, and recycled fabrics and materials.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://ahc.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD Chemistry
- M.Sc. Polymers, Colourants and Fine Chemicals
- B.Sc. (Hons) Chemistry
- MRSC Royal Society of Chemistry
In the academic year of 2022/2023, I contributed to teaching activities for the TEXT5132 module by demonstrating the lab test of fabric limiting oxygen index (LOI).<h4>Postgraduate research opportunities</h4> <p>We welcome enquiries from motivated and qualified applicants from all around the world who are interested in PhD study. Our <a href="https://phd.leeds.ac.uk">research opportunities</a> allow you to search for projects and scholarships.</p>