Dr Muhammad Tauseef Khawar
- Position: Research Fellow in Sustainable Textile Manufacturing
- Areas of expertise: Nanocomposites, Nonwovens, Technical Textiles, Textile Colouration, Garment Manufacturing, Textile Science and Technology,
- Email: M.T.Khawar@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: Room 3.07 Clothworkers South Building
- Website: LinkedIn | ORCID
I am working as a Research Fellow in Sustainable Textile Manufacturing, with time split equally on two projects led by Dr Muhammad Tausif. This involves a confidential project in the field of sustainable textile manufacturing and the second one is in collaboration with Bower Roebuck (funded by Future Fashion Factory).
Prior to that, I completed my PhD in 2021 from the Department of Materials, The University of Manchester UK in the development of nanocomposite materials for filtration application. I obtained BSc in Textile Engineering from Bahauddin Zakariya University Multan and MSc in Textile engineering from National Textile University Faisalabad, Pakistan in 2012 and 2015 respectively.
Before undertaking PhD, I worked for more than four years in the textile industry in the field of garment manufacturing, socks manufacturing, and textile processing.
My research interest is focused on sustainable yarn and fabric manufacturing, nonwovens technology, nanocomposites, technical textiles, and textile colouration.
- sustainable textiles
- fibre spinning
- fabric manufacturing
- statistical modelling
- technical textiles
- textile science and technology
- PhD Textile Science and Technology
- MSc Textile Engineering
- BSc Textile Engineering
- Pakistan Engineering Council, Registered Engineer