- Date: Thursday 21 November 2019, 09:00 – 17:00
- Location: Design
- Cost: 325.00
Managing and understanding colour from the design stage to the finished product can be a difficult activity, colour perception is subjective and can therefore be inconsistent.
This course provides a basic yet, comprehensive knowledge on many aspects of colour awareness, assessment and measurement. The course includes lectures, interactive sessions and practical exercises.
It will prove invaluable if you are involved with colour assessment, colour quality monitoring and evaluation, whether your role is in designing, merchandising, product development or quality control.
- colour order systems (Pantone, Munsell, NCS)
- colour contrast - colour assimilation and brightness
- colourfulness (chroma and saturation)
- using colour measurement system in the lab
- reflectance spectra trichromacy
- CIE system
- meaning of XYZ - CIELAB
Making pass/fail Decisions
- viewing cabinets - light sources and illuminants
- colour differences, CMC, CIE94, CIEDE2000
- colour constancy
- colour blindness
Colour Recipe Prediction Kubelka-Munk
Commercial systems, recipe correction, metamerism.
Whiteness and yellowness
CIE Whiteness, an overview of whiteness and yellowness systems