- Position: LAHRI Manager
- Email: E.R.K.Pickles@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 2430
- Location: G.19 Clothworkers South
I work as the Institute Manager for the Leeds Arts and Humanities Research Institute. I have been in this role since 2018, but I have been at the University of Leeds in various research support roles across the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Cultures since 2014.
These have included research support roles in the School of Languages, Cultures and Societies, The School of History and the GCRF funded Changing the Story Project. Overall, I have about 15 years of experience working in the Higher Education sector supporting research. I have previously worked also for Newcastle University and for Northumbria University.
In my current role get to work with researchers from across the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Cultures as well as researchers situated across the University. As an Institute we exist to support the development of researchers and Inter/cross disciplinary research across the University of Leeds. We provide pump-priming funding schemes for interdisciplinary projects at different stages of development and we represent and promote Arts and Humanities researchers and research at a University level and beyond.
- Managing all LAHRI internal funding schemes and activities including:
- LAHRI Pump-Priming Scheme
- Sadler Seminar Series
- LAHRI Speculative Conversations Scheme
- Interdisciplinary Research and Impact Fund for Culture
- LAHRI Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Scheme
- Managing all LAHRI external funding schemes including:
- LAHRI / LUCAS Virtual Fellowship Scheme.
- Brotherton Fellowships (Run in collaboration with University of Leeds Special Collections).
- Bedford Fellowship (Run in collaboration with University of Leeds Special Collections).
- Managing all communications and marketing platforms for the Institute including the LAHRI mailbox, website, the LAHRI Culture research HUB, Twitter and the monthly research bulletin.
- Managing the Institute’s estate and resources including two externally bookable events spaces, as well as a suite of offices and shared spaces. I also manage all aspects of Health and Safety for LAHRI and the University’s Cultural Institute.
- Co-ordinating the LAHRI Postdoctoral Researcher community. Running network and training events for this community as well as weekly signposting sessions.
- Running all LAHRI events. This includes the twice yearly AHRC Workshops series, incidental researcher development workshops, researcher information events etc. I am also responsible for managing all the British Academy annual Lecture.
- Managing the HR and Finance matters for the Institute.
- Managing the diary of the LAHRI Director and Deputy Director.
- Managing the AHC Faculty Research Ethics committee (FREC).
- Managing the Culture Research Advisory Group.
Contact me if you have a query relating to:
- Any of the LAHRI Funding Schemes.
- Room bookings for LAHRI Seminar rooms 1 and 2.
- Meeting requests for The Director of the LAHRI.
- Issues related to the LAHRI building, facilities or equipment.
- Website or Social Media (Events/Profile page/news) updates.
- AHC Faculty Research Ethics Committee.
- Management of LAHRI (Funding schemes, Events, Communications, Building, Visiting Researchers)
- Providing administrative support to the University's Culture Theme
- Providing Research Support to all academics accross the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Cultures
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Arts and Humanities Research Institute