- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thesis title: Uncertainty, Sense of Belonging and Self-Worth in the Digital Age: The Impact of COVID-19 on Internet Practitioners in China
- Supervisor: Dr Tim Thurston, Dr Li Sun, Dr Lan Yang
I am a cross-faculty postgraduate researcher with the School of Languages, Cultures & Societies and the School of Sociology & Social Policy. Originally from China, I completed my BA in French Language and Literature at Capital Normal University in Beijing, China. In 2020, I obtained an MA degree in East Asian Cultures and Societies from the University of Leeds, UK.
Following the completion of my master's degree, I spent two years working in Beijing, China. During this time, I served as an academic journal editor for an international open-access publishing house. This experience enhanced my conceptual thinking abilities and gave me insight into the editorial practices and conventions of academic publishing, thereby benefiting my academic pursuits. Later, I worked as a game designer and product manager with a slot game company.
All of my valuable experiences have equipped me with the skills necessary to pursue my research interests in digital ethnography and have also provided me with a solid foundation for my PGR studies.
- Digital Ethnography
- Chinese Studies
- Contemporary East Asian Societies
- Technology Industry
- Cultural Anthropology
- MA East Asian Cultures and Societies, University of Leeds, UK
- BA French Language and Literature, Capital Normal University, China
Research groups and institutes
- East Asian Studies