- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thesis title: A Compositional Proposal based on the Timbral Experience
- Supervisor: Dr Scott Mclaughlin, Professor Martin Iddon
PhD in Composition Student.
As a composer, my creative work has been developed in the fields of acoustic and electroacoustic music as well as live electronics and music for dance.
I have been the winner of the Call for Proposals “Intervenir la Historia” organized by Casa Museo Quinta de Bolívar and Universidad de Los Andes (Colombia, 2017), the Scholarship for the Creation of Contemporary Music granted by the Ministry of Culture (Colombia, 2015), the ECOES-UNAM Scholarship for an Artistic Residency at the Mexican Centre for Music and Sonic Arts CMMAS (Mexico, 2014), and the Melos/Gandini’11 Scholarship granted by Melos Ediciones Musicales S.A. (Argentina, 2011).
I hold a Master’s degree in Music Composition from Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (2015) where I studied with Gabriela Ortiz and Carole Chargueron. My Master’s Thesis titled “Reflexiones sobre el proceso creativo de un ciclo de piezas transmediales y colaborativas, articuladas por la exploración tímbrica a través de la interacción del sonido y el movimiento" [Reflections about the creative process of a cycle of transmedial and collaborative pieces, articulated by the timbral exploration through sound and movement interaction] was awarded with the Honorable Mention. I also completed a Bachelor in Composition at Pontificia Universidad Católica Argentina (2011) with Marcelo Delgado and Marcos Franciosi, and I continued my training as a composer in workshops with José Luis Castillo, Luca Belcastro and Gerardo Gandini. I hold a Bachelor in Music from Universidad Pedagógica Nacional (Colombia, 2008) where my Monograph titled "Seis obras bogotanas contemporáneas (1990-2004): Una aproximación a los conceptos teórico-musicales y estéticos" [Six Contemporary Works from Bogotá (1990-2006): An Approximation to the Aesthetical, and Theoretical-Musical Concepts] received the Honourable Distinction.
Recently, I was awarded an AHC Doctoral Research Scholarship to pursue a PhD in Composition at the University of Leeds with Prof. Martin Iddon and Dr. Scott Mc Laughlin as supervisors (2018-2021).
For more information, visit: https://micheleabondano.com
Timbre, especially, its multidimensional and dynamic condition.
Previous Research on Timbre:
- "El timbre: noción y experiencia creativa" [Timbre: Notion and Creative Experience]. Ensayos: Historia y Teoría del Arte, Vol. 21 N° 33. Bogota: Universidad Nacional de Colombia, 2017. 87-103 [Article in Spanish].
- "Música, danza y tecnología. Una propuesta creativa transmedial" [Music, Dance, and Technology. A transmedial creative proposal]. Revista ASAB, Vol. 9. Bogota: Universidad Distrital Francisco José de Caldas, 2015. 18-23 [Article in Spanish].