Media Futures: photographic business skills
- Date: Tuesday 26 March 2019, 16:00 – 17:00
- Location: Clothworkers South Building LT 2 (3.04)
- Cost: Free
Make the step from being an amateur photographer to launching a successful career.
Freelance tourism photographer Karl Blackwell will talk about the business of photography, including:
- Your equipment and workstation
- Determining your niche and style
- Building your portfolio
- Determining your first clients and how to approach them
- Marketing yourself and your photos through online channels
- The client experience
- Life on the shoot
- Pricing your work - setting your fees and learning how to negotiate
- Preparing an estimate and a contract for a job
- Valuing and protecting your work.