- Start date: 2 October 2023
- End date: 31 August 2024
- Funder: Head of School discretionary funds
- Primary investigator: Robert Knifton (FAHACS)
- Co-investigators: Emma Cayley (LCS)
- External co-investigators: Joanna Byrne (Independent Artist)
This project is in memory of our friend and colleague, Dr Martin Thomas, Deputy Head of LCS and Associate Professor who died suddenly in January 2022. It will be a collaborative film-making and documentary project, involving students and staff, resulting in a film to be deposited in Special Collections, and permanent artwork to hang in the Martin Thomas Translation Labs.
We plan to host a range of participatory events to generate material: creative artist workshops, recorded walks, as well as launch events around the film and permanent artwork.
Impact will be on student and staff participants, colleagues, friends and academic contacts of Martin Thomas.
Publications and outputs
Robert Knifton plans to develop a journal article documenting the artwork project.
Jo Byrne will be producing a film and associated artworks