Award for Top Faculty Paper in the Environmental Communication division of the annual ICA conference
Congratulations to Dr Chris Paterson and colleagues who will present the paper at the International Communication Association (ICA) 2020 conference, which is being held online for the first time.
Dr Chris Paterson (School of Media and Communications), and colleagues, have been credited with the Top Faculty Paper award in the Environmental Communication Division of the 2020 International Communication Association (ICA) Annual Conference for the paper: ‘Gender and climate change communications practices: Pilot research in two communities in rural Kenya’.
According to the Vice-Chair of the division, this was based on stellar ratings (quantitative and qualitative from reviewers) and by unanimous agreement of the division’s leadership team.
The paper will be presented by Dr Paterson and Dr Edwards to the ICA's annual conference in May 2020. The conference is the largest international event for media and communications scholars, typically hosting 4000 researchers from around the world, and will be held online this year for the first time in the association's history.
- Dr Chris Paterson (PI), School of Media and Communications, University of Leeds
- Dr Lee Edwards, Department of Media and Communications, London School of Economics (LSE)
- Dr Jacinta Mwende Maweu, School of Journalism and Mass Communication, University of Nairobi
- Dr Lata Narayanaswamy, School of Politics and International Studies (POLIS), University of Leeds
- Dr Silas Oriaso Odongo, Institute for Climate Change and Adaptation & Department of Journalism, University of Nairobi.