Young People, the Arts, and Mental Health conference - call for contributions
How can we work with children and young people to improve mental health outcomes through cultural participation?
On Thursday 20 June 2019, The Cultural Institute will host a key conference exploring how we can improve children and young people’s mental health through the arts.
We will be sharing research, evidence, policy and practice with practitioners, researchers and young people themselves.
This event will appeal to educators, youth workers, public health practitioners, researchers, artists, cultural sectors professionals, third sector organisations and people with their own life experience - providing a great opportunity to network and nurture collaborations which lead to independent projects.
There will be opportunities to:
- Connect with professionals working in this area to build partnerships
- Be inspired by case-studies of pioneering arts and health initiatives
- Share your research with a diverse audience
- Showcase the work of the cultural sector in Leeds and beyond
- Engage with funders and policy stakeholders.
Call for contributions
The conference is now accepting submissions to contribute to the programme, addressing the core research question:
"How can we work with children and young people to improve mental health outcomes through cultural participation?"