- Position: Principal Teaching Fellow
- Areas of expertise: Fashion Design; Fashion Innovation, Fashion History.
- Email: J.S.Thorpe@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: G.74 Clothworkers Central
I graduated from the Kingston University, London in 1990 with a BA (Hons) Degree in Fashion. I then worked extensively in the fashion industry as a designer in New York for 26 years. I joined the University of Leeds as Head of Fashion in 2017. My specialist subject areas are Fashion Design & Innovationand Portfolio Presentation. Member of The Fashion Group International. ( FGI ) Level 1: Fashion Industry Analysis, Research and Design Development. Level 2: Design Development and Portfolio Development. Level 3: Portfolio Design, Fashion Collection.
- Programme Leader in BA ( Hons) Fashion Design