Dr Abdul Jabbar
- Position: Research Fellow in Sustainable Textile Manufacturing
- Areas of expertise: Yarn manufacturing; structure-property relationship of spun yarns; technical textiles; textile composites
- Email: A.Jabbar@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 3.14 Clothworkers' South
- Website: ORCID
I am working as a Research Fellow in sustainable textile manufacturing at the School of Design, University of Leeds UK. I completed my PhD in Textile Technics and Material Engineering from Technical University of Liberec, Czech Republic and BSc & MSc in Textile Engineering from National Textile University Pakistan. Before undertaking master studies I gained 3 years professional experience in a well reputed textile industry of Pakistan.
I also have more than 12 years of teaching and research experience in the field of textiles. My key research interests include fragmented fibre release from textiles, sustainable textile manufacturing, yarn engineering, nonwovens, textile/fibre reinforced composites.
- Microplastic textile pollution
- sustainable textiles
- yarn structures
- PhD Textile Technics and Material Engineering
- MSc Textile Engineering
- BSc Textile Engineering
- Registered Engineer (Pakistan Engineering Council)