Dr Vien Cheung
- Position: Associate Professor
- Areas of expertise: colour vision; colour science; colour imaging; colour reproduction; colour management; spectral imaging; colour design; colour and culture; textile technology; textile engineering; textile design
- Email: T.L.V.Cheung@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 5590
- Location: 2.06a Clothworkers' Building South
- Website: VC2@WLC | Scopus | LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
Dr Vien Cheung holds an academic post as Associate Professor in Colour and Imaging Science. She has published over 100 refereed research papers, book chapters and book in the areas of colour (imaging, science, vision, design) and textile (technology, engineering, design).
She was awarded the Selwyn Award from The Royal Photographic Society (RPS, UK) in 2008 for her research in colour imaging and imaging technology, and a Silver Medal from the Society of Dyers and Colourists (SDC, UK) in 2011 in recognition of her contributions to education, the Society and in the interests of the allied industries. She was also the recipient of the 2016 Service Award from the Society for Imaging, Science and Technology (IS&T, USA) for her contributions in organising IS&T colour conferences for over a dozen years. In 2021, she has been approved for Fellowship of the SDC.
She is the President of the International Colour Association (AIC) which has a global membership of 30 colour societies over five continents. She is active in charitable and educational organisations including The Colour Group (Great Britain) in which she is the Awards Officer and the Society of Dyers and Colourists where she serves on its Audit, Finance and Publication committees.
She is also the Associate Editor of the Journal of the International Colour Association (JAIC), Journal of Information Display (JID) and Color Culture and Science Journal (CCSJ). She is a Guest Editor for a Special Issue, “Advances in Color Imaging” for the Journal of Imaging which is now open for submissions until 31 October 2021.
Vien is a writer of the VC2 (weeseetoo) prose on topics including existence, wellness, culture, value, universe, nature, environment and sustainable living practices.
#Leeds #colour #color #imaging #science #vision #design #textile #technology #engineering #VC2 #WLC
- MA Design Programme Leader
- Deputy Director of International Activities
- Faculty of AHC Athena SWAN Self-Assessment Team Member
- BSc (Hon) Textile Chemistry
- MSc Colour Imaging
- PhD Colour and Imaging Science
- Chartered Colourist (CCol)
- Fellowship of the Society of Dyers and Colourists (FSDC)
- International Colour Association (AIC)
- The Colour Group (Great Britain)
- Society of Dyers and Colourists (SDC)
- Society for Imaging Science and Technology (IS&T)
- The Korean Information Display Society (KIDS)
- Gruppo del Colore - Associazione Italiana Colore
- Tsinghua Art & Science Colour & Imaging Institute (TASCII), China
- White Rose College of the Arts & Humanities (WRoCAH) Creative Arts and Media Academic Subject Cluster
- Advance HE Race Equality Charter Panel