Weave and woven fabrics
- Date: Tuesday 24 March 2020, 09:00 – 17:00
- Location: Design
- Interval: Every day
- Until: Wednesday 25 March 2020
- Cost: £545.00
This practical course will benefit those involved in merchandising, selection, specification, quality control and buyers.
The course will increase awareness of the yarns used in woven fabric production, design, construction and finishing. Over the 2 days you’ll cover fabric production, fabric design and construction, analysis and faults in fabrics; along with understanding specifications and their importance.
After attending the course, delegates will be able to recognise different weaves and woven fabric composition. This course includes practical work, understanding specifications and common fault recognition.
- Terms and definitions
- Introduction to the weaving process
- Fibre and yarn requirements for woven fabrics including: spinning systems. importance of twist and yarn count
- Basic weaves
- Fabric construction and sett
- Analysis of weaves
- Colour & weave effects
- Fabric weight
- Analysis of woven fabrics for design and full remake particulars
- Practical work
- Understanding specifications
- Fabric finishing with emphasis on different fabric and yarn types
- Fabric finishes
- Common faults