Dr Nancy Thumim
- Position: Associate Professor in Media and Communication
- Areas of expertise: Feminist approaches to media and communication; audiences; mediation; self-representation; digital culture; pleasure; power; media and the political; participatory culture.
- Email: N.Thumim@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 1390
In my work I ask about the place of media in people's lives and explore the (unequal) constraints and opportunities shaping how particular groups and individuals get to appear, speak, be seen and be heard across a range of media forms.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://ahc.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- International Communications Association (ICA)
- European Communication Research and Education Association (ECREA)
- Media, Communication and Cultural Studies Assoication (MeCCSA)
- Editorial Board Popular Communication: The International Journal of Media and Culture
- Editorial Board: International Journal of Cultural Studies
I teach across undergraduate and postgraduate modules in media and communication currently with a particular focus on theories in media and communication and audience studies.