Dr Helen Thornham
- Position: Associate Professor in Digital Cultures
- Areas of expertise: Digital/Data Inequalities; Gender, Feminist STS; Digital Methods
- Email: H.Thornham@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 5824
I joined the School of Media and Communication in 2011 from City University London where I was a Lecturer in Media and Sociology. My research centres on issues of gender and digital technology and my main research interests are around gender and digital culture; digital and data inequalitites; feminist new materialisms and STS. At the moment I am working with Dr. Joanne Armitage and a number of activist groups exploring technology and social justice issues in the UK and across Latin America through UKRI funded projects. I lead an EPSRC funded Network+ (2022-2027): INCLUDE+ (INCLUsive Digital Economy network+), which explores how social and digital environments can be built, shaped and sustained to enable all people to thrive. You can find out more about INCLUDE+ here. I teach across the Digital Media Programmes at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, and am currently leading the MA module Feminism, Identity and Media. I am Deputy Postgraduate Admissions Tutor, which means I also deal with PhD admissions.
- Deputy Postgraduate Admissions Tutor
- INCLUsive Digital Economy Network+: Exploring how social and digital environments can be built, shaped and sustained to enable all people to thrive