- Position: University Academic Fellow in Political Communication and Journalism
- Areas of expertise: social media and journalism practice; user-generated content; (new) media and democracy; political communication; online deliberation; election campaigns; online civic engagement; internet studies
- Email: T.Graham@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 9945
- Location: 2.14 Clothworkers' Building North
- Website: Academia.edu | Twitter | Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
I am a University Academic Fellow (UAF) in Political Communication and Journalism at the School of Media and Communication.
I completed his PhD at the Amsterdam School of Communication Research (ASCoR), University of Amsterdam, in 2009. I worked as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Digital Media and Journalism at the University of Groningen from 2009-2012. In 2012, I became a Lecture in Political Communication and Journalism and a Senior Lecture in 2015. In late 2016, I took up a post at the University of Leeds. In 2012, I received the European Journal of Communication Article of the Year Award for my research on online political talk and popular culture.
My work has been published in top international journals across the field of communication and politics, including: New Media & Society, Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, European Journal of Communication, International Journal of Press/Politics, Information, Communication & Society, Journalism Practice, Journalism Studies, Journal of Information Technology and Politics and Digital Journalism.
My main research research interests include: i) the use of new media in representative democracies; ii) the intersections between popular culture and formal politics; iii) online election campaigns; iv) social media and journalism; v) forms of online deliberation and political talk; vi) online civic engagement; vii) public sphere and deliberative democratic theory.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://ahc.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD in Political Communication (University of Amsterdam, ASCoR)
- MA in European Communication Studies (w/Honors, University of Amsterdam, ASCoR)
- BA in Communication Studies and Political Science (University of Rhode Island)
- University Teaching Qualification (University of Groningen)
Research groups and institutes
- Political Communication