Dr Leah Henrickson
- Position: Lecturer in Digital Media
- Areas of expertise: artificial intelligence; book history; digital cultures; digital humanities; digital storytelling; electronic literature; ethics; natural language generation
- Email: L.R.Henrickson@leeds.ac.uk
- Website: Twitter | ORCID
- MA New Media Programme Leader
- University of Leeds Sociologies of AI Network Manager
- SHARP News Social Media Editor
My current research projects use theoretical frameworks and empirical methods to investigate the social and literary implications of textual technologies, commercial and community applications of digital storytelling, and social perceptions of artificial intelligence.
Past research projects have focused on medieval manuscripts and text-based products of 1960s/70s American countercultures.
I am always looking to collaborate on research projects with those studying human-technology interaction, AI ethics, digital storytelling, reader response, and unconventional methods of text production and dissemination.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://ahc.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD Social Sciences and Humanities
- MA History of the Book
- BA Book and Media Studies
- Electronic Literature Organization
- International Communication Association
- Society for the History of Authorship, Reading and Publishing
- Society for Literature, Science, and the Arts
As part of the Digital Media teaching team, I lead and contribute to various modules across the BA Digital Media and MA New Media programmes.
I was awarded a University of Leeds University Teaching Award (Early Career) in 2022.<h4>Postgraduate research opportunities</h4> <p>We welcome enquiries from motivated and qualified applicants from all around the world who are interested in PhD study. Our <a href="https://phd.leeds.ac.uk">research opportunities</a> allow you to search for projects and scholarships.</p>