Dr Nour Halabi
- Position: Lecturer in Media and Communication
- Areas of expertise: Qualitative methodology; Social Movements; Migration; Conflict; Political Economy of Media; Middle East Studies
- Email: N.Halabi@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 1.20 Clothworkers Building
- Website: Twitter
My research focuses on borders, migration and immigration policy and global social movement theory. My research on the long-standing impact of borders and siege tactics in the Syrian context has been published in Space & Culture and the Interventions, the 2018 theme book for the International Communication Association. My research on social movements and political mobilization in Syria and Egypt has appeared in Arab Media & Society and The International Journal of Communication.
My most recent project, examines the concept of hospitality as an ethical framework with which to examine media coverage and policy responses to forced migration in the United States.
- School Academic Lead for Inclusive Practice (SALIP)
I teach undergraduate and postgraduate modules including:
Critical Issues in Media and Communication
Introduction to Media and Communication Theory