Arran L. Ridley
I am a PhD Candidate at the School of Media and Communication and I commenced my research on 1 February 2017.
I am currently working on a White Rose/ESRC funded project entitled 'Measuring Visualisation Engagement' as part of the Seeing Data project.
I presented my research at the ECREA Digital Communication and Culture conference in Brighton in November 2017. I also attended the Digital Methods Summer School in 2017, from which I am now working on a research paper based upon a team project undertaken there. Following this, alongside, Dr. Helen Thornham, Dr. Chris Birchall, Dr. Joanne Armitage and Dr. Tom Jackson, I delivered a series of workshops entittled Break, Hack, Wreck in the summer of 2017.
- 2017 – ESRC White Rose DTC Network Postgraduate Studentship, University of Leeds, Seeing Data: 'Relating to Data Through Visualisation'.
- 2016 – Research Assistant, UNDP & University of Warwick, Visualizing Adaptation Experience.
- 2018 – Teaching Assistant, COMM2777 Working in Digital Media Teams, School of Media and Communication, University of Leeds.
- 2016 – Sessional Lecturer, IM921 Visualisation, Centre for Interdisciplinary Methodologies, University of Warwick.
- 2017 – 2018: PGR Representative, School of Media and Communication, University of Leeds.
- 2018 – White Rose Doctoral Training Partnership (WRDTP) Pathway Student Representative (University of Leeds)
- Visualisation Network, Digital Cultures Research Group and the Critical Data Studies Group.
- Big Data
- Critical data studies
- Data visualisation
- Data justice
- Data art
- Visual communication
- Design studies
- UI/UX Studies
- BA (hons) Animation (University for the Creative Arts)
- MA Digital Media and Culture (University of Warwick)